- To provide an opportunity to play in the Futsal League against other professional football clubs whilst obtaining a recognised vocational qualification.
- Deliver a vocational qualification through high quality teaching.
- Train and play for Burton Albion against other professional football clubs in Futsal arenas across the country.
- Receive coaching from qualified Futsal coaches.
- Opportunity of gaining volunteer experience with the Community Trust and paid employment on match days.
The futsal and education programme offers learners the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification whilst training and playing for Burton Albion against other professional football clubs. On the education programme learners will cover a wide range of theoretical topics such as anatomy & physiology, fitness training and programming, sports coaching and sport psychology. It is a practical, but academic course which include a variety of sport related modules that are vital to increase an athlete’s performance.
The Futsal and Education programme can be studied at Level 2 and Level 3:
- Level 2 – a one-year full time course, with progression onto the Level 3 if a merit or higher is achieved.
- Level 3 – a two-year full time course, with various career progression pathways afterwards, depending on results achieved.
- Level 2 First Diploma – 5 GCSE’s at Grade F-D
- Level 3 – A BTEC First Certificate/Diploma (Merit) OR 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including English, Mathematics and Science
Level 3 units:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports coaching
- Psychology in sport
- Sport nutrition
- + many more!
Learners will also be offered the opportunity to gain experience volunteering with the Community Trust coaches in the wider community. There is also the potential for the opportunity for paid employment on match days.
For anymore information please contact: