Phil Pusey – Safeguarding
Originally from London, Phil has been involved in youth work in Staffordshire for over 25 years, moving into management and leadership roles first in a frontline youth work charity based in Burton upon Trent, and since 2011 has been Chief Executive of Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services, a voluntary youth sector infrastructure organisation.
He is a Member of the Chartered Manager’s Institute, and has a Diploma in Transformational Leadership which enables Phil to bring a strategic perspective to programmes he is involved with.
Phil continues to volunteer in a variety of community settings including;
- Academy and Community Trust Chaplain at Burton Albion FC
- Board member of Burton Albion Community Trust
- Chair of Eagles Nest Project (currently developing alternative support programmes for young people who struggle in formal education with a vision for a full time school)
- Team leader for Burton Street Angels providing support and assistance to users of the night-time economy
- Trustee of Hope in Burundi, a charity working to feed, clothe, house and educate over 100 former street kids in Burundi, Central Africa.
- Member of the Leadership Team at Riverside Church, Burton upon Trent with responsibility for youth and children’s programmes.
- Phil is married to Maria, and has 3 children over 16, two of whom are now studying at University, so his youth work skills are sometimes required at home too.